Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy 29th!!!!

I turned 29 on Saturday, August 6, 2011. I have made it known to my wife, parents and some other family members that I plan to cut my weight down to 170 before the tri training season kicks in (in Winnipeg that is at the beginning of November).

My wife and family think I am a little nutty for trying to get down to 170. I have been 190 for about eight months now, though I never really fealt the gains in my running; I hadn't been training all that hard this year. I have assured everyone that I am going to lose the weight in a healthy fashion; no more than 1.6 pound lost per week. I will cut calories, but no more than 600 per day. I will still maintain a light load of running and cycling to ensure that I don't lose too much muscle mass. And, just to clarify, I have a degree in Communications and not Sports Science or Kinetics. Everything I know about healthy weight loss and muscle maintenance during weight loss, I have learned from friends who have the appropriate education and by reading everything I can get my hands on. So please, don't expect to hear the science behind what I am doing. I will provide details of my methods and the results they produce. Oh, and if I am not 170 by November, when my training season starts, I will train at whatever weight I am at. A good friend who has his PHD in Sports Science advised to me to try to stay at the weight I enter the training season at through-out the training and race seasons at.

My family, knowing that I am usually very rational and very very stubborn, decided to throw me a birthday party. My aunts, uncles and cousins were all invited and told that they will get a meal and cake for a donation for the bike I bought. The party was great, everyone was eager to hear my plans for competing exclusively in triathalons; no more hockey, softball or marathons. I am exclussively a triathalete until I reach my goal or am told by the highest authorities that it won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment